- Internet Access
- Wireless Access / Free Wi-Fi
- Book Clubs and Events (see our Facebook page for the latest)
Library cards are free to all patrons. Please visit the Coalfield Public Library to fill out a library card application. You will need to show a current, valid ID with your name, photo and Morgan County address. If you don’t have a photo ID with your name and current Morgan County address, please bring two pieces of current ID. One of these must include your name and Morgan County address, and one must include your name and photo. Accepted forms of ID include:
- Personal check
- Current telephone, gas, electric or cable bill
- Mail postmarked within 30 days
- Voter registration card
Post office box numbers are not accepted. If you don’t have a fixed address, you may use a letter certifying your Morgan County residency from the social service agency where you receive mail.
Children are eligible and encouraged to get a library card as well, provided they can sign their name. Often it is an exciting thing for a child to receive their first library card in their own name and begin checking out books!
The following materials are available for circulation: books for children, young people and adults, read-along books for children, books on tape, books on cd, magazines, puzzles, and movies in DVD and VHS formats. Materials available for use only inside the library include children’s games, videogames and game systems, reference books and genealogical materials.
Books and other print materials may be borrowed for a period of two weeks, and may be renewed as long as there is not a waiting list. DVDs may be borrowed for one week, with a limit of two DVDs per family at one time.
Fines and Penalties:
Fines for overdue materials are assessed at the rate of $.10 a day, based on the days that the library is open for business. There is a book drop at the front of the building where you may deposit materials when the library is closed. We ask that you bring audio-visual materials inside the building to avoid damage in extreme heat or cold conditions. We also reserve the right to set limits on the number of books a patron may check out, and to suspend borrowing privileges in cases where there are long-overdue or lost books charged to that patron.
Inter-Library Loans:If there is a book that you want, and we don’t have it, we can get it for you through the state’s Inter-Library loan system. There is no charge for this service. Please ask the librarian for more information.
Internet Usage Policy:
Free internet access is available to all adults. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent to use the internet, and children aged 12 through 18 may use the internet without a parent IF the parent has previously signed a consent form.
- Please sign up for computer time at the front desk. If someone is waiting to use the computers then you may only use the computer for 30 minutes.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a permission slip signed by your parent or guardian.
- Small children (2nd grade and below) must be accompanied in the library by an adult at all times. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult while they are on any computer with internet access.
- The Internet is a vast store of information on a host of subjects. The Library cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information found on the Internet.
- Because of the nature of some of the information available on the Internet the librarian reserves the right to stop Internet use at any time the information is deemed in questionable taste for display in a public library.
- There will be no access to pornography or illegal gambling sites.
- Because of the danger of introducing a virus into the library’s equipment, downloading and/or saving of information will only be allowed patrons’ portable storage devices (flash drives) or on disks purchased from the librarian for $1.00 each.
- Please do not touch the computer screens, as this may damage the LCD display.
- The patron or parent/guardian will be responsible for any damage done to the library computer equipment.
- Please be courteous:
- No food or drink near the computers,
- No loud talking,
- Use cell phones outside or in another room unless permission is given by the librarian.
- Printing: Please be sure of what you are going to print and how many pages you print. All pages you print will be charged to you at the following rates:
- 10 cents/page if printed on the computer printer
- 25 cents/page if printed at the stand-alone printer at front desk